Drug Detractor

Drug Detractor.

"Drugs are not always necessary, but belief in recovery always is." 
                              ~search quote.com


They say I am sick.
Unexpectedly and incredibly so. 
They say am going to need a drug,
But I'm not sure I want that. 

You see I'm not excited about life,
Neither do I find it particularly thrilling.
Life is sad and boring,
Kind of like me I guess.

But let me digress.

Everyday is a struggle
Another task to complete;
Another fence to scale;
And another adventure I'm not sure is worth exploring.

If I take the drug and "get better"
I'll have no excuse to look sad or throw tantrums.
But I'll have to keep up appearances,
Fake a smile... repeatedly;
And try my best not to break.

They say I am sick
They say I need a drug
But am not sure what I want. 


So forgive me if I'm not jumping at the thought of feeling "better".









Heyyyy! It's been a while I know, I know, I've just been terribly busy but I apologise either way. Anyways, hope you enjoy the poem and please drop a comment it always leaves me smiling😊. Don't forget to share, I can't over emphasize how much it will make me smile if you share. It's still your favourite young poet, keep on shining ya'll💫.

~P.S *whispers* I love ya'll🖤😌

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost's Or Not?¿

WHAT IF?¿

NOBODY